REMOTE SKI COACHING:
4 WEEKS OF BASI L2 PREPARATION
*LAUNCHING MONDAY 30TH NOVEMBER*
Our 4-week remote course will help prepare you for the BASI Alpine Level 2 skiing instructor qualification from the comfort of your own home.
The Level 2 course expects candidates to be able to perform to a higher standard both in their technical ability and in their teaching and observational skills; we will look in-depth at the teaching theory and how it can relate to your own performance and analysis so that you feel prepared and ready to book your place.
Our aim is to help you prepare for the Level 2 course so that you feel comfortable with the teaching material, and confident in your own ability and knowledge.
The remote course is lead by Stuart Bernard, a BASI Alpine Trainer and BASI Level 4 ISTD.
Once a week for 4 weeks Stuart will take you through the teaching theory for the BASI Level 2 with the use of interactive presentations over ZOOM. He will guide and mentor you through this whole process to give you and insight as to what to expect if you decide that you would like to do a BASI course in the future.
The course includes the following:
• 4 x 1hr weekly group sessions. Every Monday starting on the 30th November.
• Access to a private Facebook group with other group members
• ‘How to Teach’ – how to effectively, and safely teach someone to ski
• ‘Performance Analysis’ – learn how to spot errors in technique
• ‘Central Theme’ – become familiar with the BASI learning pathway from total beginner to parallel skier.
• ‘The Strands’ – what are they and what do I need to be able to do
• ‘Performance Threads’ – what are they and how do they relate to teaching.
30th November 7pm for 1 hour
7th December 7pm for 1 hour
14th December 7pm for 1 hour
21st December 7pm for 1 hour