REMOTE SKI COACHING:
NEW 4 WEEKS OF BASI L3 TECHNICAL PREPARATION
*LAUNCHING WEDNESDAY 10TH FEBRUARY*
Our 4-week remote course will help prepare you for the BASI Alpine Level 3 Technical ski instructor qualification from the comfort of your own home.
The Level 3 Technical course expects candidates to be able to perform to an extremely high standard both in their technical ability, knowledge and skier analysis; we will look in-depth at the technical criteria, what you need to achieve in each strand, and practice analysis of actual level 3 candidates performing the strands and Central Theme.
We will cover many other factors including; relating performance to the TIED model, the PIA’s and reinforcing the correct use of technical terminology.
There will also be the opportunity to send in your own footage of you skiing to study with the group and look for your strengths and areas that need development. Your footage will be looked at with the L3 technical criteria in mind and will give you a better idea of where you stand in relation to it, and how to improve to meet it if necessary.
This will help form part of your action plan to make 100% sure you know what you need to work on when you can get back on skis.
Our aim is to develop your technical knowledge, your use of terminology and give you a full understanding of what you need to achieve technically to be successful to pass the course.
The remote course is delivered by Stuart Bernard, a BASI Alpine Trainer and BASI Level 4 ISTD.
How does it work?
Once a week for 4 weeks Stuart will take you through the technical theory for the BASI Level 3 Technical exam with the use of interactive presentations over ZOOM. He will guide and mentor you through this whole process to give you and insight as to what to expect if you decide that you would like to do a BASI course in the future.
The course includes the following:
• 4 x 1hr weekly group sessions. Every Wednesday starting on the 10th February.
• Access to a private Facebook group with other group members
• ‘The Criteria’ – what do I need to be able to do
• ‘The Fundamental Elements, Threads and Strands’ – understand how they are connected and used to develop performance
• ‘Link Central Theme to Strands’ – see how the Central Theme links to the strands
• ‘TIED Performance Analysis Model’ – what is it and how to use it
• ‘PIA’s: Performance Indicators and Actions’ – what are they and why are they relevant to me
• ‘Developing performance using PIA’s’ – how to use the PIA’s for skier analysis
10th February 7pm for 1 hour
17th February 7pm for 1 hour
24th February 7pm for 1 hour
3rd March 7pm for 1 hour